Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

December 26, 2005

All I Want For Christmas...

Christmas stuffs: [I hope I don't forget anything.]
--Saw DVD
--Watch [that I need to have resized for my tiny wrists =( )
--3 assorted guitar picks
--Desk lamp
--Tim Horton's coffee/hot cocoa/magma mug
--Rise Against t-shirt
--"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them" t-shirt, with stuff in the background in lighter lettering like "i hate you" "you are an idiot" "your band sucks" "so ugly" "you stink" "i still hate you" "your band sucks" and my personal favorite, "i want to smack you in the face" =)
--Noise cancelling earphones (Pretty cool, I can have the volume as low as it goes and I can't hear anything else.)
--Deerskin mittens [so warm]
--Framed picture of Melissa
--Wolf calander [everyone likes wolves]
--Loads of chocolate
--$25 Kwik Trip gift card [which I used earlier to purchase Mountain Dew, chips, and chapstick!]
--$10 Burnstad's gift card [I just happened to start working two days before Christmas, convenient...]
--Cellphone-to-computer data cable [recieved as an early gift]
--And finally, as a very early Christmas gift, $150 cash with which to buy Christmas presents for as many people as I could. They would have bought me a 30 gig MP3 player, and I turned them down [forcefully] so I could actually get some cool stuff for other people.

Man, I've changed so much in the past three or four years. I can remember Christmases before where it was all about running downstairs Christmas morning and opening all my stuff and not caring at all about anything that wasn't for me. I guess that sort of comes with the only-child-spoiledness. I realized a couple weeks ago that if I hadn't been lucky enough to have practically moved in with so many friends with siblings, I'd probably be a pretty rotten person right now.

Sorry, I'm sort of randomly carrying on here. Moving on.

I spent about an hour or two earlier checking out Burning Man. It looks like a pretty interesting experience, but I can't decide if I'd want to go or not. It costs about $200 so I probably won't be anytime soon, but it's something to keep in mind for the future. A week of surviving in the desert? The sensible part of me says that's just retarded, and the adventurer thinks it's pretty sweet.

Wait, do I even have an adventurer? [Debatable.]

I have decided that in January, I am going to write a up-to-10,000 word short story, heavily edit it, get opinions, and send it in to Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show.

I've decided that the reason I tend not to tell things I plan to do to people is that if only I know, I don't really have to do it 'cause I'm not really letting anyone down [except myself which is of course unimportant.]

And so I'm posting this here with the hope you will remember my plan, and bug the hell out of me until I have accomplished [or totally surrendered] this goal.

Note that I don't expect [or think I even have a shot at] being accepted. But I want to submit something, and then post my rejection letter proudly on my wall as proof that I'm at least trying.

Nobody can ask for anything more than that, right?

3 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger The Wayfaring Wizard said...

No, no one can do more than that. And you know what? Its pretty cool that you recognize a change in yourself like that. >.o I think I've just become apathetic about the gift part of christmas...all I wasl looking forward too was the turkey to be honest. :D And i'm holding you to the story thing chris. EVERYBODY, BUG CHRIS ABOUT IT!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I never thought I'd say this, but everyone listen to Martin on this.

=)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Samantha Downing said...

Wow, I missed a lot. I just stopped by to say hi and I hope you had a merry Christmas and I can't believe how many posts I haven't read.

Anyway, hi! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Oh yeah - STORY STORY STORY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home