Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

November 09, 2005

Life I Embrace You

I don't really have anything to post, I just feel kind of obligated to do so. I decided to try NaNoWriMo and I am 13,000 words behind. This was perhaps too large of a project for me. Wait, by 'perhaps' I mean 'most definitely' and by 'for me' I mean 'and I was crazy to think I had even a remote chance of making it.' =)

It's crazy to think that in just two weeks, barring any unforseen complications that prevent me from transferring, I won't be a Knox student anymore. I'm looking forward to being home again, but I really will miss this place.

Okay, so coming here was hard and at the end of the summer I did not want to do it at all. But actually, I'm really glad I did. I've met some fantastic people [i.e. Campell/Elder 4, eternally the greatest floor ever] and I've done some cool things [like terrifying improv'd jazz solos that I didn't realize I agreed to]. I've learned quite a bit--although very little in class. =) I came here because I wanted to be able to appreciate home, and that happened as I imagined--but much quicker than I'd have guessed. And coming here has actually strengthened the relationships with some of the people I had to leave.

So, college experience #1, checked off the list. College experience #2, driving to La Crosse with Martin every day, much more terrifying.

I should be doing homework. Instead, right after typing "I should be doing homework" I minimized this window and spent 15 minutes looking at blogs.

Homework tomorrow morning it is.

4 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Samantha Downing said...

Yay college. I'm saving the whole going away thing for after I finish 2 years at community college. If I even go away then. I appreciate home enough without having it yanked away from me, thanks very much.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Samantha Downing said...

I DID ADD! YOU ADD!

lol I like writing messages for you on Chris's blog...we should do it more often.

By the way, hi Chris!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Chris said...

spammers, the lot of you.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
it cracks me up how you say you don't have much to post, and then you post all that

and i'm glad you finally came to a decision
all this wishy washy business was getting old ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home