Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

August 31, 2005

But It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

Sunday's show--

The Homeschoolers are a pretty cool local band, but they are changing their name. Sunday was their last night officially known as the Homeschoolers, but they decided to temporarily change their name to Death By Numchucks, a move I fully support. Turns out Brandon and the guitarist used to hang out a couple years ago. Small world. I got their CD 'cause it was cheap 'cause they wanted to get rid of their old Homeschooler labeled stuff.

The Switch was by far the most entertaining band I've seen. The singer and drummer were up there just having a blast [not that the rest of the band wasn't.] I was a little scared however when the drummer started something all too familiar...that annoying Gwen Stefani song that I can't remember the name of. Anyway, it was pretty funny to hear coming from this guy.

The Dog & Everything was next up, and they were pretty cool. I picked up their CD afterwards and it too is pretty cool. Look 'em up.

The Fold was last [and the band I knew] and they also were pretty cool. So I bought a t-shirt. We talked to the singer for a while before the show and it turns out he used to be in Showoff and it was like, his sixth or seventh time playing at the Warehouse.

So there's my barely-late-at-all Fold wrap-up.

Got a cell phone today. Just a matter of time before I become one of those annoying kids that never looks up from the mobile.

In other news I don't know what the hell I was thinking choosing an out-of-state college. I don't want to do this anymore. But it's a little late now.

6 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now the tables have turned and you are more of a show-goer than i am. =(

when you chose an out of state college you were thinking that you are a smart, capable person who can handle the freedom and the responsibility. going away to college is a big huge deal and i think anyone in their right mind would be scared, but of course you can handle it. and i mean, if it's too much you can always lock yourself in your room and work on your limericking skills.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Dan also happens to be very good friends with Tom Higgenson, the lead singer for the Plain White Ts. ::mind boggles:: They grew up together in middle and high school.

It took me about a month to get used to that. Talk about a small world.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a number to contact you on and i'll give you a call. My cell is back up and running.

Be careful and I love ya.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

<3
you'll be fine, toaster
i know you're going to miss your friends, but you'll still have 24/7 access to all your online groupies =D
but seriously, chris kid, if you need to chat, i'm always here
unless i'm in class or something

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Samantha Downing said...

You finally have a cell phone?!?! Wow! *faints*

Gimme your number!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking from experience... going out of state to college is an AMAZING experience. Like I've honestly only been here for five days and I'm already super glad I made this choice. Log on to facebook and myspace, meet people going to your school before then. Everyone's in the same boat, and you make lot's of friends! It's a great, great experience. Totally hard to leave friends though, definetly. But you *will* regret it if you don't go...y'know? Just try it for a year..you could always transfer..but I know you can handle it and I know you'll make lot's of friends.

Much love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home