Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

June 10, 2009

Catching Up

Alright. So here's where we're at.

This summer, I'm doing an independent project that will go towards my English major called By Riverside. I'm going to be heading down to Riverside Park 2-3 times a week and interviewing people to get a feel for the community and share stories that may otherwise never be told. The profiles will be posted blog-style at By Riverside, and it'll even be updated regularly, unlike this personal blog. This is the biggest project I've ever taken on, and so far everyone's been extremely supportive. If you haven't checked the site out yet, please do--although, if you're not from the area, it won't really have much significance to you. My hope is that by the end of the summer I can build up some sort of readership--I've got a handful so far, and I'm hoping the group will expand.

I had the idea last summer, actually, and toyed with it all winter long before realizing that I could probably use it for college credit (it's officially listed on my transcript as "New Media Production"), but that's only extra incentive--I wanted to do the blog anyway, and this ensures that I'll actually stick to a posting schedule. So check out the site and let me know what you think.

In addition to that, I'm also starting some kind of musical project with my friend John, so that should be fun. Between that, the site, and working 40 hours a week, so far my summer has been busier than my semester. Which is kind of strange for me. And there's also that whole wedding planning thing.

On top of it all, I finally gave up laptops and built myself a desktop a couple weeks ago, and promptly got addicted to Mass Effect. Plus I still have this blog to deal with, and I was hoping to get some fiction done this summer as well. September's coming too quickly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home