Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

March 09, 2009

The Planning Stage

Originally, I had planned on writing this entry from the Cellar, so that I could comment on how once-upon-a-time I frequently (okay, occasionally) posted from there but according to my archives, the last time I did was December of 2007.  But the wireless internet there hated me, so instead, I'm coming to you live from an empty auditorium where I'll be taking an exam in about an hour.

Things are changing.  In just over a year, I'll be married.  Yesterday I reconnected with a friend who bought a house a year ago.  My primary mode of communication with many of my friends is Facebook.

I'm still in school.  That doesn't seem like it'll ever be changing.

This summer I'll be starting up another writing project.  But this too, will be different.  Mostly because I'll be going through with it (and this will largely be due to the fact that I will be doing it for class credits as an independent project).  I'm not going to go over the details here, but it'll essentially be a human interest column that I'll be writing, editing, and publishing online.  Most importantly of all, it'll be a nice test to see if I really could be cut out for the writerly life.

I have two smaller projects that I hope to finish by the time summer hits--nothing quite so far-reaching as my silly idea to write a novel last summer.  The first is the War on Procrastination saga I've been putting up on Facebook; I try to update it at least every two weeks, and another one will be going up tonight or tomorrow.  The second is a short story that I would like to finish and submit to a podcast.  At this point with my writing, I'm more concerned with getting my writing to a level that it could be published (in some form) than getting payment for it.  If I'm lucky, that part will come later. 

In closing, blah blah changing blah blah write more blah blah more posting blah blah blah.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Samantha Downing said...

Married. O.O Whoa. Wait. We're all still kids, none of us are old enough to be married.

Except Dawn, who is, in fact, married.

I dunno. Life is weird sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home