Eventuality

A blog that is sometimes frequently updated, and sometimes abandoned completely, from an aspiring writer and professional procrastinator.

January 18, 2004

*Screech*


Well, I can now say that I've been in a car accident.

I hate saying "car accident," though. It sounds too serious. "Wreck" and "accident" all make it sound like there was lots of damage.

Ok, here's what happened. Friday, I was staying after school so I could do my book report on Mila 18 (Which, by the way, was completely awesome. The book, not the report.) so I got a ride home from Martin.

One thing you should know about Ridgeville roads is that they're sanded in the winter to give traction on the ice. But if there is no ice, the sand only makes it easier to crash. And our stupid county has this really bad habit of pouring sand on the road when there's barely any snow on the ground.

Anyway, one particular corner on the way had a lot of sand on it. And we hit it just a smidgen too fast. The car swerved on the sand and started to skid out, so he started frantically spinning the wheel trying to regain control of the car. (At one point, it was on two wheels.) Swerved twice, then flew off the road just in time to knick a fencepost and stop in the ditch. The fencepost only did a little damage, but the left tires were flat. So luckily Clyde, our school's computer guy, stopped and gave us a lift.

I hope they got the car out of that ditch. =/ Anyway, neither of us were hurt, although my head was already sore from hockey, (See also, head hitting against brick) so you can imagine what being turned into a violent bobblehead did. Also, my lunchbox, in the trunk, was verily squashed.

It could have been worse. He kept apologizing, so I had to assure him that I would only be mad if I had lost a leg or something. Also, I made the discovering that "I'd still be sarcastic if I took a bullet to the heart." I just said it as kind of a random thing, but y'know, that's probably true.

Anyway. Fast forward to today.

Oh, right. I didn't do anything today.

Well, I did think about finishing the site layout. But I got lazy, and kind of...didn't.

Why are you still here? Red Vs. Blue has entered Season 2. Go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home